When we heard there was a worldwide shortage of hand sanitiser we felt compelled to help. As skincare makers (and sometimes ridiculously optimistic human beings), we thought it might be a good idea if we were to make some hand santitiser. Even if we could help a little bit, then that's something.
Sounds easy, right? Unfortunately not! We felt like we were on a wild goose chase for a while there, trying to track down enough alcohol to make the Peace of Mind Hand Sanitiser but we got there in the end :) Phew :)
Our hand sanitiser is quite special and different to most because it contains special skin conditioning ingredients to help prevent dryness, and if you're using products with a high alcohol content on a regular basis, then this is a must!
Want to get to know the 100% natural ingredients that make up this gentle hand sanitiser? Here goes... :)
- Alcohol - this is the antibacterial and anti-viral ingredient to keep your hands sanitised. The World Health Organisation recommends 70% alcohol, so that's what we've put into the Peace of Mind.
- Water (or "Aqua" if you want to get fancy) - dilutes the alcohol to make it more effective. Yes! Strange but true. 70% alcohol is better than 99% alcohol as 70% lasts longer on your hands giving it more time to kill the germs. A higher alcohol content would evaporate too quickly.
- Glycerine - adds moistures to your hands to help combat the drying effects of the alcohol.
- Betaine - adds moisture to your hands to help protect from the drying effects of the alcohol.
- Glyceryl Oleate - softens, conditions and protects your skin.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil - provides a fresh, natural scent.
And there you have it! Our Happy litte hand sanitiser, completely free from synthetic ingredients, for your peace of mind.