There isn’t a day that goes by without us using lip balm. They are stashed everywhere too - in the car, on the work desk, in a pocket, in the bottom of the washing machine (oops!!), on the bedside table and even one on the kitchen windowsill.
It seems like eons ago but we used to have a Happy Skincare lip balm but we stopped making it because it used beeswax which we decided not to use in our products anymore (because of our vegan accreditation – we wanted to be completely free of animal products). We had planned on releasing a new lip balm not long after, because we didn’t think it would take this long to find the perfect replacement for beeswax!
We had pretty much given up until by a fluke we heard about a nifty little ingredient called bayberry wax. It is very common in America as it’s grown there but down here in Oz it is a little hard to come by.
It’s mostly used for candle making but we have found that it makes an AMAZING skincare ingredient. In our humble opinion, the “You Crack Me Up!” Lip balm is even better than the old beeswax version.
The beauty of bayberry wax is that it melts at a low temperature – about body temperature – to give your lips a most luscious coating that seems to last forever.
This lip balm ticks all the boxes. It’s
- 100% natural and 70% organic
- Lasts aaaaaages (when’s the last time you woke in the morning and could still feel last night’s lip balm? That happened to me with this lip balm!)
- Unflavoured for sensitive lips
- Easy to apply – it literally just glides on
- Sits and feels lovely on your lips
- Keeps your lips protected and hydrated so they remain soft and kissable
- Vegan and totally cruelty free
Important note: We take no responsibility for you randomly kissing strangers because your lips feel so good.